Linking duplicate clients
We've now added the ability to automatically detect duplicate clients and link them. If a client signs up on your website, and you've already created a profile for them, we'll automatically link the two so you don't have to deal with duplicates.
But if you already have duplicates you'd like to remove, you can manually link them from the admin.
What happens when I link two client profiles?
The profile connected to your client's account will remain as the only profile for that particular client. This means that:
- All bookings, notes, and payments from the second profile will be moved to the client account profile.
- The client's name, phone number, email address, and address will match what's in the client account profile.
- The client will be able to see any added bookings and payments when they log into their client account.
Link duplicate clients
- On desktop, click on "Clients" on the left-hand menu, OR on mobile, click on "Clients" on the bottom menu bar
- Click on the client profile you'd like to link to. Please note that profiles connected to a client account have the tag "Uses Client Portal"
- Click on the link button on the top right-hand corner of the client information card as shown below
- Select the duplicate client profile from the drop-down menu
- Click on “Save"
- You should now see any newly added information such as bookings and payments under the client account profile