Invoices and Receipts
We've now added the ability to automatically create invoices and receipts for both you and your clients.
Once you create a new booking, an invoice will automatically be created for both you and your client. And once a booking is marked as fully paid, we'll automatically add the payment details to the invoice and send it out to your client as a receipt!
How exactly do invoicing and receipts work in Amidship?
Our goal with this feature was to help you run a professional and organized business - while saving you time. This is why we've automated most of the process for you. Here's how it works:
- When you create a booking, an invoice will automatically be created for both you and your client. You will now see a new "download invoice" button when you view a booking under the "Sales" page in your admin, or when your client views their booking from their Client Account.
- Once you mark a booking as fully paid, we'll update the invoice with the payment details.
- Then, we'll automatically send the updated invoice to your client as a receipt! Depending on the contact information available, your client will automatically receive either receive an email with the paid invoice attached as a PDF. Or, they'll receive a text message with a link to allow them to view and download the paid invoice.
Here are examples of what the invoices and receipts will look like:
Set up invoicing and receipts
- On desktop, click on "Business" on the left-hand menu, OR on mobile, click on "Business" on the bottom menu bar
- Click on "website", then scroll down to the logo section
- Upload your business logo
- That's it!
Invoicing and receipts are already fully set up in your account. The only thing you need to do - if you haven't already - is upload your business logo to your account. This way, your invoices can look even more professional and can reflect your brand to your customers.
Download an invoice or receipt
- On desktop, click on "Sales" on the left-hand menu, OR on mobile, click on "Sales" on the bottom menu bar
- Click on an existing sale on this page
- Under the "Sale Items" card, click on the blue "Download Invoice" button
- The PDF of the invoice will open in a new tab
You can then print the invoice or download it directly onto your device.